Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Glaze
Feel free to cut this recipe in half if you don't need so many cookies.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time28 mins
Servings: 96 cookies
Ingredients for the Cookies
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 batch Maple Glaze, see recipe below
Add 4 cups of any of the following, if you desire —
- Nuts, I used pecans, but Vince thought walnuts would be better.
- Chocolate chips
Ingredients for Maple Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup, using real gives a MUCH better flavor profile
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Cream together the butter and the sugars until well mixed.
Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. It's okay if the batter looks a little curdled.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
With the mixer at low speed, stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
Stir in any of the optional additions you might be using.
Drop by Tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Don't press them down, leave them round on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool cookies on racks.
When completely cooled put the cookie racks on top of waxed paper, then drizzle the Maple Glaze on top of each cookie.
Let glaze dry and serve!
Gr8 Do Ahead Tip:
Unglazed cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months in a sealed container. Glaze once defrosted.
If you need to transport these, separate layers with sheets of waxed paper.